Monday, July 6, 2009

Yay for Long Weekends!

Our 4th of July weekend was wonderful! Our friends, Andrew and Lisa, came down for the long weekend. They got here Thursday just in time for dinner and for a quick monsoon (as soon as they pulled in the driveway, a huge downpour came down). I don’t think I have ever seen it so rainy and windy. We enjoyed dinner at a local pizza place, Cousin Vinny’s.

Side note - I think Daphne is all about some pizza. Cousin Vinny’s is one of the 4 local pizza places, plus there is one in Fairhope and then you have your normal Dominos, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut. I like pizza, so it works for me.

Friday, Lisa and I hit the outlet mall in Foley. We shopped until we dropped, literally. We had a great time just walking around and catching up. While we were shopping, Brad and Andrew hit the links. The high for the day was 97 so a dip in the pool was in order for the guys.

Dinner Friday night, California Dreaming. As the waiter took our picture he said it was "facebook bound". Don't worry, Lisa has already posted it on her facebook page.


After dinner fun - the "sorority pose"


Tree Huggers

Saturday we relaxed by the pool. Some days I love the pool and others, not so much. Saturday was a love day. It was so nice just to float and relax all day long. That night we went to Orange Beach. We thought there would be a terrible wait but, there was no wait whatsoever. It could be that we chose an Italian restaurant on the 4th of July. Before the fireworks we spent some time on the beach taking pictures and just having fun. It was my first time on a public beach. We did our normal thing and left our shoes on the boardwalk. Lisa was a little apprehensive, but I said no one had ever taken our shoes before, why would they start now. I was wrong – someone took Brad’s shoes! Luckily we found them up by the shower, but I definitely learned my lesson and will be keeping my shoes with me.



Cafe Grazie Saturday Night



Andrew and Lisa at the beach



Andrew, Lisa, me and Brad at the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment