Monday, August 31, 2009
The first happened a few weeks ago. I was driving to work on my normal route and made a complete wrong turn. That wrong turn just so happened to be a one way street and I was the one going the wrong way! Luckily, there were no other cars and I was able to back out (the street was too narrow to turn around) on to the busy 3 lane street. The Lord was definitely with me during this pregnancy moment.
The second happened yesterday morning. I made Brad coffee like I normally do, or so I thought. Poor thing, when Brad went to pour his coffee there was no coffee, just hot water. Yes, that is right, I forgot to add the coffee!
Has anyone else had an experience like this? Y'all all know I do crazy things all the time - refer to my April shower story - but both of these things seemed way out there, even for me.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Later, Brad and I went to Khols and JC Penny's. Penny's has petites so if this does not work I can always go back there. Khols had some really cute stuff, just not appropriate for an interview.
I have another skirt that may go with the jacket I already have. So, if I find a cute/appropriate top they may work as well.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
At Sea-N-Suds, one of our favorites
(Other favorites we visited were Doc's Seafood Shack and Tacky Jacks 2)
Monday we came back to our house and finished out our time together. Momma is always so good to take pictures of the dogs. I thought it would be fun to include a few of those...
Our little ham, Madi, posing on the back porch
Ellie sitting with me on the porch
Family picture before work Tuesday
Random pregnancy question - did anyone else ever have people ask you if you were wearing a maternity shirt? Take the one above as an example. I have had this top for over a year now and haven't been pregnant during that year, but that day at work someone asked me if it was a maternity top. Part of me is thinking, "Do I need to be in a maternity top? Am I that big?", and the other part of me knows this lady is just excited for me and probably wants me to be in a maternity top. This was not the first day this was asked about my clothes. Who knew that half of my closet looked like maternity clothes!
A couple of days after we found out we were pregnant
Monday, August 17, 2009
To celebrate, we had dinner Saturday night at the Origingal Oyster House on the Causeway. Then last night Jamie and Ella came over for pizza and dessert. Normally we would have cake but this year Brad would not tell me anything in particular he wanted. So, I made a variety of desserts for him to choose from. They included double doozie cookies, peanut butter kisses, lemonade pie, and peach cobbler. YUMMY!!!! I don't know who enjoyed it more.
Brad wouldn't let me take any pictures - that little stinker! I may have to surprise him tonight and get some post birthday pics.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
With all that being said, we have 2 to 3 extra tickets that we would like to sell. Brad's family has first dibs, but if anyone else is interested or know someone who may be just let me know. We would like to sell them at face value and we should know the location of the faculty tickets before the season begins (the Tigers Unlimited seats are not changing - they are in the end zone 2 rows from the top).
Here's the schedule:
September 5th: LA Tech
September 12th: MS State
September 19th: West Virginia
September 26th: Ball State
October 17th: Kentucky
October 31st: Ole Miss
November 7th: Furman
November 27th: Alabama **
**I am 99.9% sure someone in the Wright family will be using these**
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Things we miss about Huntsville...
1) Friends and Family - I knew I would miss our friends and family but I didn't realize I would miss them this much.
2) Some of the restaurants - i.e. Steak Out, Chili's, Carrabba's. There is a Chili's, Carrabba's, etc. in Mobile, but that is 45 minutes from our house. Brad and I used to love Chili's takeout or Steak Out delivery.
3) Our church, Willowbrook - we have visited a bunch of churches but have not been able to find "the one". Willowbrook and our Sunday School class will always hold a special place in our hearts.
4) My job - you don't know how good you have it until you leave it. I truly believe my old office was the best place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the job and loved the people even more.
5) The grocery store being 5 minutes away - I know this sounds really silly, but Publix used to be 5 minutes from our house and very easy to get to on our way home from work. It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get to any grocery store and they are somewhat easy to get to on the way home. Publix was also a one-stop shop. None of the grocery stores down here carry everything I like to buy (i.e. O'Charlie's Low Fat Honey Mustard or Velveeta 2% or Low Fat Martha White muffins, just to name a few).
Things we like about Mobile/Daphne
1) We love being close to the beach!! We are beach bums through and through and have tried to take advantage of being so close.
2) The food - we love seafood and it can't get any better than down here. Whether you are in Mobile, on the Causeway, in Daphne or in Orange Beach, it is all good. We keep saying we are going to go to one of the fish markets and try something new but we haven't done it yet.
3) The weather - while it gets a little hot during July and August, it's nothing a dip in the pool won't fix. Spring and Fall are great too...not too warm, not too cool, just right.
4) Brad's job - Brad is really enjoying his job. I am so thankful that he likes it! The job is definitely keeping him busy, but I think he likes being busy.
5) Visitors - I love having visitors! We have had friends and family come for the weekend, stop by on their way home from the beach, or we meet them at the beach. I love it!!!
2836 Willowick Trail - Leaving Huntsville
The one picture of our apartment
Football season with friends
Off to NYC
Getting some sun with the Reed's
Celebrating of 5 year anniversary
At the beach with the McNabb's
Enjoying a sunset in Key West
I can't believe it has been a year - time flies when you're having fun!