Monday, August 31, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

I have heard this term for awhile, about how your brain turns to mush when you get pregnant. Some even say it stays mush after the baby comes. Well, I have definitely had my "pregnant moments" here recently.

The first happened a few weeks ago. I was driving to work on my normal route and made a complete wrong turn. That wrong turn just so happened to be a one way street and I was the one going the wrong way! Luckily, there were no other cars and I was able to back out (the street was too narrow to turn around) on to the busy 3 lane street. The Lord was definitely with me during this pregnancy moment.

The second happened yesterday morning. I made Brad coffee like I normally do, or so I thought. Poor thing, when Brad went to pour his coffee there was no coffee, just hot water. Yes, that is right, I forgot to add the coffee!

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Y'all all know I do crazy things all the time - refer to my April shower story - but both of these things seemed way out there, even for me.

4 comments:

  1. On a daily basis!!! I am all the time doing stupid things. And don't think it will go away when the pregnancy is over. It then becomes mommy brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's right, it doesn't go away. I think you lose brain cells when you give birth! You are not alone in doing silly things. My pregnancy brain causes me to swap words. For instance, Jon's clean socks were in the fridge yesterday (not the dryer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i call it 'mother overload' and its permanent! i am almost 4 years out and i think i get worse on a daily basis! i use to be smart and make-sense, but the longer Sky is around, the more dumb i feel! Good Luck to Brad! (as u can see, Dustin has survived and managed to figure out the 'new' me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I felt like I could not form a complete sentance when I was pregnant with Emma, and then one time right after she was born I put hand soap into the dishwasher instead of dishwashing detergent! Luckily I realized it right before I started the dishwasher :)

    ReplyDelete