Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Year in Review

This post may be a little long, sorry. Brad and I just celebrated our one year moving anniversary! It is hard to believe we have been living in Mobile/Daphne for a year. I thought it would be fun to do a short list of the things we like down here, the things we miss about Huntsville, and some pictures to go along with it.

Things we miss about Huntsville...

1) Friends and Family - I knew I would miss our friends and family but I didn't realize I would miss them this much.

2) Some of the restaurants - i.e. Steak Out, Chili's, Carrabba's. There is a Chili's, Carrabba's, etc. in Mobile, but that is 45 minutes from our house. Brad and I used to love Chili's takeout or Steak Out delivery.

3) Our church, Willowbrook - we have visited a bunch of churches but have not been able to find "the one". Willowbrook and our Sunday School class will always hold a special place in our hearts.

4) My job - you don't know how good you have it until you leave it. I truly believe my old office was the best place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the job and loved the people even more.

5) The grocery store being 5 minutes away - I know this sounds really silly, but Publix used to be 5 minutes from our house and very easy to get to on our way home from work. It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get to any grocery store and they are somewhat easy to get to on the way home. Publix was also a one-stop shop. None of the grocery stores down here carry everything I like to buy (i.e. O'Charlie's Low Fat Honey Mustard or Velveeta 2% or Low Fat Martha White muffins, just to name a few).


Things we like about Mobile/Daphne

1) We love being close to the beach!! We are beach bums through and through and have tried to take advantage of being so close.


2) The food - we love seafood and it can't get any better than down here. Whether you are in Mobile, on the Causeway, in Daphne or in Orange Beach, it is all good. We keep saying we are going to go to one of the fish markets and try something new but we haven't done it yet.

3) The weather - while it gets a little hot during July and August, it's nothing a dip in the pool won't fix. Spring and Fall are great too...not too warm, not too cool, just right.

4) Brad's job - Brad is really enjoying his job. I am so thankful that he likes it! The job is definitely keeping him busy, but I think he likes being busy.

5) Visitors - I love having visitors! We have had friends and family come for the weekend, stop by on their way home from the beach, or we meet them at the beach. I love it!!!


2836 Willowick Trail - Leaving Huntsville


The one picture of our apartment



Football season with friends



Off to NYC

Getting our sweet Madi Sue

Our first season of Mardi Gras


A visit from the Wright's

Visiting with my dad and family


A fun visit with the Eckley's


Getting some sun with the Reed's

Celebrating of 5 year anniversary

At the beach with the McNabb's

Enjoying a sunset in Key West

I can't believe it has been a year - time flies when you're having fun!

1 comment:

  1. Just keep enjoying those fun times! And keep the blog going. I want pictures on here of you as the baby grows since you are not in Hutnsville now. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete