Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Trimester Update

I have now entered my 2nd trimester - wahoo! It is actually kind of hard to believe. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were finding out our little one was on the way.

Here are few highlights of the first trimester -

* The first appointment was amazing. I never realized you could see and hear the heartbeat of such a small being. I don't know how someone could have an abortion after seeing that.

* Thankfully, I did not get sick once. My mom was never sick with me so I figure we have it in the genes.

* My only complaints are headaches and lower back pain. If that is all I have, I am doing great!

* I have gained a little weight. It came on sooner than I expected, but the doctor said I looked good and I did not need to worry. Sounds good to me! I am still exercising a couple of times a week so maybe it will even itself out.

* I went through the tired phase and am pretty much out of it I think.

* Little things annoy me. This is actually kind of funny. Stuff that didn't annoy me too bad before really get to me now, especially at work.

* Brad has been wonderful to take care of me. When I was exhausted he did everything around the house. Cooking, cleaning, you name it he did it. He is going to be a wonderful daddy!!


Our next appointment is a week from tomorrow and at the appointment after that we get to find out the sex of the baby - how exciting! I hope the 2nd trimester goes as well as the first!

A couple of days after we found out we were pregnant

14 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment