Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lessons and Learning


It’s a typical Wednesday. I find my way to Paige’s cubby at school and see a note on the cubby. A note typically means something is either going to happen or has already happened. Did Paige fall? Did she bite someone? Is she getting a new teacher? What could it be?



REPORT CARD! Well, really I guess you could call it a progress report. My little 20 month old got her first report card/progress report!


Was I expecting this? Um, no. Did I have a clue what she would actually be quizzed on? Um, no. But, this gave a good indication of what to expect for the future.


What is a “young two” supposed to know?


Nursery rhymes
Retell story from book read
Self Control
First name
Age
Gender
Recognize colors
Point to body parts
Make animal sounds
Recognize shapes
3 block tower
Recognize self in mirror
Assemble puzzle
Potty trained

How do you get graded as a “young two”? You have either mastered the skill or you are emerging (pass or fail in others – ha!).

Paige did great! She was emerging on Nursery rhymes, retelling the story, colors, shapes and potty training and mastered everything else.

None of it really surprised me and for that I am grateful. I already knew everything is yellow and every girl knows that a diamond is a girl’s best friend (she knows diamond but doesn’t know triangle, go figure!).




Way to go Paige! We are so proud of you! We can’t wait to see and hear about all the great things you are learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment