Monday, April 2, 2012

All is Well

All is well in the Wright household.  Not too much really going on.  I have been neglecting the blog and wanted to make sure I got a few posts about this pregnancy.

I am now 17 weeks - time has really flown by.  It feels like yesterday we were just finding out we were pregnant!  I went to the doctor Friday and everything seems well...not much to report (which I guess is a good thing, but I don't know if we would really know if there is anything wrong when all they do is ask how you are feeling and get the baby's heartrate).  Speaking of heartrate, it was 154 this time.  Last time it was 159 and the time before that it was in the 180s (can't remember if it was 180 or 188).  The next appointment is April 17th and this is the big one where we find out the gender.  Wahoo!  I think finding out the gender makes things more real.  We are the type of people who don't pick out names or work on the nursery until we know what we are having.

Let's see, what else...the first trimester was filled with a little nausea and a lot of tiredness.  I could pretty much make it through the day and then crash at night.  This was a little different than Paige because I was never sick, just had headaches and back pain.  I attribute the back pain to my hips widening and let's face it, I don't really want them to get any bigger.  The headaches have come during the 2nd trimester this go around.  With Paige I was hungry all the time; this go around not so much.  It could be that I am eating more or at least eating small meals/snacks throughout the day trying to prevent hunger since I know that is what happened last time.  Cravings...the cravings and aversions have been the same.  Bring on the fruity desserts.  Last time the desserts were a little healthier (healthy dessert - is that an oxymoron?) in that I wanted things like banana pudding or strawberry pretzel salad.  This time bring on the cake.  I bought a lemon cake mix while I was at the store the other day just because it sounded good and I am going to try out a new pinterest strawberry cake this week (this will also be my first experience with greek yogurt).

I am definitely showing now.  People always said you would show sooner with your 2nd and boy were they right.  I think it is because I had 27 years to prepare my body for my first pregnancy and this time I only had 2 years.  The abs just aren't like they used to be - ha - and it is totally worth it!

I don't know that Paige gets what is exactly going on but I think it will be easier to talk with her about it once we know the gender.  It will be a lot easier to pray for baby sister or baby brother specifically by name, instead of the big long phrase "baby brother or baby sister".


I am normally not into pics of myself but, since we got one the other day I thought I would share.

1 comment: