Tuesday, April 3, 2012

No Sleep for the Weary

Since we got back from our Christmas get-away Paige's sleep habits have not been the same.  Right before Christmas is when she crawled out of her crib and we switched to the toddler bed so I am not sure if it is the time away from "normal" or just the invitable. 

Before: Read a story, say our prayers, put her in bed, leave the room and she was good to go.  Easiest thing ever - she would talk to herself as she fell asleep but it was all on her own.

After: Bedtime was a fight.  It was up to 2 hours of struggling to get her to lay down and go to sleep.  We finally had it down to 15 to 30 mintues by the end of January and then February I went out of town for a week for work and she decided it would be fun to get up in the middle of the night and greet us.  This would occur anywhere between 1 am and 5 am - fun stuff.

This was our norm until 2 weeks ago.  We made the decision it was time for her big girl bed (full bed) and this was a GREAT decision!  We still have to lay down with her to fall alseep but it normally doesn't take too long and we have a comfortable place to lay (sure beats the floor!) and, knock on wood, she hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night.

The routine is so cute now.  We read her favorite book, "Henry" (I forget the real name), turn out the light, say our prayers, turn on our music and attempt to go to sleep.  This normally involves some tossing and turning and eventually she ends up putting her around me and the other arm around Pooh.  This has worked out pretty well for me because I get a short nap while waiting for her to go sleep.  I think one of my favorite parts is how I will close my eyes and when I open them there she is, right up in my face, eyes wide open.  I can't help but start laughing.


Last time in her crib!


Helping Daddy put together the new bed.


So, we were all about the convertible crib, as you can see, until we put the mattress on.  It was way too high!  So, for now we just have a bed frame and we are using my old comfortable from college because the comforter I ordered is on back order.  The bed not working out was kind of frustrating because it is a good bed.  We did find a positive in that we may use the crib for baby-on-the way.

1 comment:

  1. We had the same problem with hunter's convertible bed. He has just the mattress and no box spring for now. Made a big difference.

    ReplyDelete