Thursday, September 13, 2012

Appointments and Visitors

As I am getting back into the swing of blogging, I have realized I am not good at coming up with titles.  Oh well, I guess it is better to have something posted than a glamorous title.

I was lucky enough to have Brad home with me all last week.  It ended up being a great thing and he was a great help (as always!).  He was my chaueffer and errand runner all week.  Having a c-section just isn't much fun for someone who likes to do things on their own, or at least someone who likes to share the workload.  I always knew we were a team but these past 2 weeks have just proved that much more because the poor guy was run ragged.

Anyway - some of the highlights of the week included Grace getting to go to the doctor.  The doctor told us we needed to feed her every 3 hours, no matter what, until she reached her birth weight.  I was bound and determined that would happen by this appointment because I wanted to let her sleep as long as she could at night.  With great aniticipation Brad put her on the scale and she weighed 6 lb, 9 oz - wahoo!  She exceeded her birth weight!  Not much else to report from the appointment.  One thing I didn't remember them doing with Paige, although I am sure they did, was the heel prick where they had to get a bunch of blood for a bunch of tests.  Poor baby was not a fan (who would be!).

Other highlights included some visits.  We only got pictures with a few (shame on us), but I am glad we did get them.


 
Mother Hen Madi with Baby Grace

 
Relaxing after the appointment

 
Two of my coworkers, Ashley and Lauren, were able to break away from work for a short visit.  Lauren was the source of many of my maternity clothes this go around.  Thank you Lauren!!

 
Aunt Mar and Aunt Susie visiting with Baby Grace.
 
This week is my first week really by myself and I am enjoying it.  Grace is slowly starting to wake up more and for the most part is pretty content with that.  She is still getting used to things and likes to be awake for a couple of hours between 9 and 2 each night.  I know over time we will get this figured out.  What is bad, is that neither of us can remember what kind of sleeping habits Paige had at the beginning.  I also have enjoyed having a reason to get ready in the mornings.  When I was working I would see the moms dropping off or picking up their kids in their gym clothes with no make up on and here I was in my nice work clothes.  So, I have made an effort each day to look nice when I pick up Paige (may not look that nice at home, but that is ok).  Yay for being able to get out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment