Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Week - Part 1

We are spending the week in Huntsville. Brad and I both love Christmas and both love spending it with family and friends. Since we moved, we try to use Christmas as a time to cram as many things in as we can.

Our Christmas tree in Daphne
Our tree doesn't have all the presents under it because we sent a lot of them back with my dad last weekend. But, we had enough to cover the tree skirt and get a good picture. We left Daphne Sunday and had dinner with Brad's family Sunday evening - yummy homemade chicken and noodle soup (courtsey of my mother-in-law). Brad's grandparents were there along with Justin and Christina.
Monday we got to see our optometrist, Jennifer. She has been a life-long friend and it was great to see her. I call her "our" optometrist but I don't really go to see her about eyes. I tag along so we can visit and catch up. She is always so thorough and Brad found out he can have lasik done if he wants...now to find the time and money. That evening we had dinner with the Blount's and Ready's (Rebecca's sisters tagged along. They were visiting to help care for Katie Lane as Rebecca went back to work. They are the sweetest sisters!). Here we are at Jason's Deli - I love that place!! This was also my first time to meet Billy and Rebecca's sweet Katie Lane. I was ready to take her with us from the moment I layed eyes on her.

Kevin, Susan, Billy, Brad, me, Rebecca and Katie Lane

Brad, me and Katie Lane - I got to hold her most of the evening!
Tuesday was filled with running errands and eating lunch with my dad and Donna. We got to eat at Rosie's. Brad and I love that place and miss it so much!! That night we had dinner with some more friends. Emily just had Kate in the middle of November so we went to their house to make it easy.
Matt, Kate, Emily, Ben, me and Brad

Jennifer (the best eye doctor ever!), Jonathan, Caroline, me and Brad

All the girls, including the one still in the belly!
Emily, Kate, me, Caroline, and Jennifer
Wednesday we enjoyed brunch with Brad's parents and Justin and Christina. That night we met Andrew and Lisa for dinner at a new restaurant, Cheddars. If you haven't been here you need to go! Their menu has so many choices and it is so affordable! Brad and I ate for under $20 and had leftovers.

Andrew, Lisa, me and Brad

Lisa and me

As I write this I realize we took zero pictures of us with our families! We will be changing that as we see them over the next few days! Today is Christmas Eve. We are going to church then over to Brad's grandparents' to celebrate. It should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Could those pictures of me be any worse?? : ) So glad we got to see you guys! Merry Christmas! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete