Friday, December 25, 2009

And we will call her...

We finally picked at name!! I am so excited! I had wanted a name picked out by December 1st, but that did not happen. Her name is...



Emily Paige and we will call her Paige



Paige is a name we both like and couldn't make it work as a first name. So, she will be like me and so many others on my side of the family who go by their middle name (my grandmom Lois, step brothers Brett and Max, and nephew Wheeler...I am sure there are others). Emily is a name we like and comes from Brad's grandmother, his dad's side. I just learned that her first name was Emily back at the family reunion in March - she went by her middle name too (Aula). She was such an amazing woman and we both loved her so much.



How we arrived at Emily Paige...well, we narrowed it down to Mallory Paige, call her Mallory, or Emily Paige, call her Paige. Last week I thought I am going to look up what these names mean one more time just to see. Well, to my surprise Mallory meant unlucky and unfortunate. Our sweet baby girl is neither of those so that name was out! Then after reassuring ourselves that going by your middle name was ok, we settled on Emily Paige.



Yay! I am so glad that we have a name and that Paige will be here soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love it of course!!! I will claim you are naming her after me : )!! Can't wait to meet Miss Paige!!

    ReplyDelete