Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Amazing

Amazing...the only words to describe February 11th, 2010. Our sweet baby girl, Emily Paige, made her entrance to this world at 3:34 pm, weighing 6 lbs, 10 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.
The entire day was absolutely amazing - here are a few pictures to take you through our day.

Here we are getting ready to leave for the hospital. We had to be there at 6 am, so I was at 3:45 am, ready to get the day started.

Here we are in our labor and delivery room after we got checked in and hooked up to all the do-dads. Checking in and getting hooked seemed to be the hardest part of the day. Turns out my doctor sent the paperwork over as Janet Wright and I filled out everything as Janet LeeAnn Wright. The check-in lady didn't think I had pre-registered. After we got new arm bands and stickers we were good to go. Brad and I both joked that maybe we needed to change Paige's name. Oh well, too late now! Getting the IV hooked up was not fun either. It took 3 tries to finally get one in and I only almost passed out once (on try #2). The nurses told me that the IV would probably be the worst part of the day and they were right.

My mom and me. We are lucky she and Bill got down here. DC was going through one of their worst blizzards and they almost didn't make it here (they got out on the one day they could!). It meant so much to me to have here there!! This picture was taken after I received the epidural - the best invention ever! I had about one hour of real pain/contractions I could feel and that was enough for me. On a different note - do you see the monitor to the right of my mom? It was so neat - you could see the other mommas in labor. Well, you could see their contractions and baby's heart beat. It was fun to watch because we could tell when a mom was in labor and when they were done. The morning started with 6 moms and I was the 5th to deliver.

Me and Paige moments after her birth. The whole labor process was amazing. My labor nurse, Sara, was wonderful and my doctor, Dr. Wells, was great too (even though she was there for the very end). They both made me feel at ease and made labor seem easy (as easy as labor can get).

After Paige got all cleaned up the grandparents got to come in. Paige is so lucky - all of her grandparents were there!!

Paige and Grandad

Paige and Nana

My amazing husband and amazing little girl. Brad was so amazing throughout the entire day - words can not describe how awesome he was. I could not ask for a better husband!!!! He supported me in ways I never knew possible and continues to do so as we adjust here at home. Thank you Brad, Paige is lucky to have you as her dad!

My sweet little angel at the end of our amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment