Monday, February 8, 2010

Just the 2 of Us

Brad and I weren't really sure how to spend our last weekend of just the 2 of us. We got a lot of good suggestions, like sleep, go to a special dinner, sleep, see a movie, sleep, sleep, and sleep.

I was off Friday so I decided I would do something for myself - a haircut and pedicure were in order! I haven't had a pedicure in so long. It was nice to sit back in the back-massaging chair while someone else took care of my toes and gave me a foot massage.

Friday night we had dinner out and went to a movie. I feel like we have become movie pros because we have gone to 5 in the past 5 months. Before that, I couldn't tell you the last time we went to a movie. We saw "The Blind Side" and it was so good! I would highly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it.

Saturday we tried to sleep in a little but it was the Saturday to take the dogs to the groomer. I am glad we did because now we have nice, clean puppies for Paige. We also ran errands for a little bit, relaxed, and then went a parade. We figured we needed to go to at least one parade and knew next weekend was out. It was in the low 40s Saturday evening and there was a strong breeze. Needless to say, we were bundled up! The only problem was that I can not wear real shoes and socks - my feet are too swollen (yay for Paige dropping!). I froze my little tootsies off - like I could really not feel my toes walking back to the car. It was fun and worth it though. The highlight of the evening was catching a box of moon pies. Yes, I said box of moon pies. The parades in Fairhope don't have as many floats but they come around twice. So, on the 2nd time around they are trying to get rid of stuff. We got a whole box of the new mint moon pies. Should be interesting to try! We also got a bunch of beads. This is a good thing because I recently found out that if you bring in a walmart sack of beads to Krispy Kreme, they will give you a dozen donuts free. YUM!!!! I am all about some donuts! We still have a ton of beads that we don't know what to do with from last year...I am thinking donuts!!

Sunday we went to church and relaxed at home. I think overall we had a great weekend and got a lot of relaxing in. It is hard to believe Paige is going to be here on Thursday! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. Excited that she is coming and nervous about labor. The labor part just does not sound very fun and we are afraid that since the pregnancy has been fairly easy, labor will be just the opposite. I am just thankful for drugs!!

Oh, and in an earlier post I said pregnancy was great. Well, my tune is starting to change, just a little. I hit week 37 and Paige ran out of room. I have been uncomfortable ever since. I decided that the 40 week thing is for the birds and I am so glad we are inducing at 38 weeks. Yay for Thursday!!

2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you in the morning. Glad your mom & Bill made it before the 2nd snow storm hit. Best wishes and congratulations! Love, GREAT Aunt Shirley (I just love saying that:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of baby Paige! I know she will be so beautiful! The nursery looks so cute, by the way. I'll keep you you guys in my prayers tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete