Thursday, March 25, 2010

6 weeks!

Paige is 6 weeks old today! The past week and a half have been pretty relaxed but busy at the same time! Last week was my first week by myself and it went great! She is becoming more awake and aware of her surroundings each and every day. It is amazing to me how much she changes each day. It is so fun!!

Let's see, here are some highlights of the past week and a half -

*We have made real eye contact and it was for an extended amount of time!

*She has started watching a little bit of TV in my lap (not sure if this a good thing :).

*Tummy time gets a little bit longer each time we do it. Her head is getting stronger by minute and it is so neat to see her mature in this way. I also enjoy letting her sit my lap and just look around and let her stand up a little so she can put weight on her feet/legs.

*Riding in the car - sometimes a great experience, other times not so much. Let's take last night as an example. We went to our small group Bible study. I was meeting Brad there and she cried the entire way there and the entire way back, but was perfectly content while we were there. Luckily, we live less than 15 minutes away, but boy was that a long 15 minutes each way! Speaking of Bible study - it was great to get out last night and see our small group. Brad and I were a little nervous about how she would do but she was awake the first half and then fell asleep during the actual study. Back to the car - over the weekend she did great!! The car was our friend and she seemed to relax when she was in the moving car (please take note of the "moving", when we came to a stop she was not happy).


*We are getting out more! Friday night we had a family dinner at the Mexican restaurant. She did great until the very end while we were waiting on the waiter to bring our check. We actually got to eat dinner together! Saturday we ran errands and went to the Fairhope Arts and Crafts Fair (more on that later)...only one meltdown - yay!

*I got to take a shower while Brad was at work. This was a major accomplishment for me. I was nervous about doing it and there were days last week where I waited for him to get home from work before taking my shower. Not this week! I put her in the travel swing in our bathroom and she was good to go. It was so great on Tuesday we got out afterwards and she did wonderful - she was a perfect angel!

*Sleep - this is a rollercoaster. For 5 weeks she slept in her crib (well, the pack and play the first week) at night. Then all of sudden she wanted no part of it. As soon as we put her in it she would cry. Needless to say, those nights were not fun. Last night she slept in the pack and play in our room (because I was lazy) and she did great! She slept from 2 to 6 and it was 5 1/2 hours between feedings. This has happened one other time (she went 5 hours between feedings).

Well, I guess that is about it...I have rambled long enough. I need to get on the computer more but it just doesn't seem to happen. When I do get on, it is for work (I am getting to work a little from home) or to check email.

A post can not be complete with out pictures...these were taken last week while she was in my lap with my phone (not the best quality but they will do).




No comments:

Post a Comment