Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress

Since I have been staying home I have started watching a lot more TV. I like to have it on just for the noise during the day and I like to have something to watch while feeding Little P. During my first week by myself I decided I needed to start taping a bunch of new shows ("Bang for Your Buck", "Curb Appeal: the Whole Block", "Tough as Nails", "Selling New York", and "Say Yes to the Dress") to try out, old ones would do too ("House Hunters", "House Hunters International", "Friends"), as long as I didn't have to watch commercials.


My favorite has got to be "Say Yes to the Dress". Has anyone seen this show? It a 30 min. show on TLC showing girls picking out their wedding dresses from New York City's acclaimed Kleinfelds. I love seeing all of the expensive dresses - the most expensive dress I have seen so far is $24,000 - yes, $24,000. Now, the family did not buy it for $24,000. They got the sample dress for just over $13,000. How crazy is that??? $24,000 for a wedding dress?!? Shoot, $13,000 is crazy too!!


No show comes without drama and this one has its fair share. You get to see the controlling moms, girls that bring their fiancee's (I am too traditional for this), and "rollercoaster ride" of being a consultant (2 have gotten fired - oh so exciting).


The whole thing makes me want to start saving for Paige's wedding dress right now. I would love to take her to Kleinfelds when it is time for her to get married. Yes, I am the crazy mom who has already started thinking about her daughter's wedding. In fact, I started thinking about it before she was born. When we were deciding on a name I thought about how it would look on a wedding program. If I didn't think it would look good then the name did not make the cut - ha!


I don't think either of us can resist this sweet little thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment