Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Glendale or Bust

Since 2004 I've told myself that if Auburn ever made it to the National Championship game Brad and I would be there.  So, when Auburn beat Alabama my wheels started turning about how real it was that we would probably get to the big game.  In an effort not to jinx us, I only booked our hotel room before the SEC Championship (well, 2 hotel rooms that is, I am not good at deciding on where we needed to stay).  During the 2nd half of the SEC Championship game, I started looking at flights to Phoenix and shortly after the game, our flight was booked.  The only thing missing was tickets, which is a whole other blogpost in and of itself.  [Let me just say with the tickets, we were very grateful to get them the Sunday night before the game from our expensive, but within budget, guardian angel.]

All Auburn fans agree that the game was AWESOME and we couldn't be any more proud of our tigers!!

With that, I will let the pictures do the talking...

Our trip was short - Sunday through Tuesday.  We saw more snow in more cities than ever before.  Here is a view of Denver as we landed Sunday - kind of scary landing in weather conditions like this!


Desert and palm trees = Arizona


Auburn fans for as far as you can see...War Eagle!!  We decided the crowd, inside and outside of the stadium was a 70/30 split, 70 = Auburn fans.
The view from our first seats.  We were lucky enough to find our tickets through facebook (Auburn Ticket Exchange) and the girl that was selling them used to work for the Alumni Office.  We decided she got the tickets free and just wanted the money.  She had 2 tickets in the end zone and 2 in the upper deck.  We sat in the bottom for the first half and then joined Justin and Christina for the 2nd half up on the top row.  Neither seat was really bad...shoot, just being in stadium is all that mattered to us.



A view from up top.  Please note the awesome lanyard Brad is sporting.  Yes, you could carry your ticket around your neck and look really cool!  I will say it was a safe way to store them so they wouldn't get bent but there is no way I would have spent money on these (they were in the goodie bag provided by Tostitos).

Enjoying the victory.


We had to roll something and since Toomers Corner was a little far away, the tree in our room would have to do!

Here's to another undefeated season and another National Championship!!  I love that our little girl is undefeated.  One neat fact - when Brad and I have big things going on in our life Auburn goes undefeated (2004 - we got married, 2010 - we had Paige)!  War Eagle!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys got to go! You screamed for me and I rolled Toomer's for you! =-)
    Are you coming this weekend?

    ReplyDelete