Thursday, May 28, 2009

Backyard Visitor

Yesterday we had a bad backyard visitor - a snake!! It was a small snake, but a snake none the less. That slimmy critter slithered out when one of the sprinkler guys was moving a bush. Yuck, yuck, yuck!! Don't worry, it was killed right away.

I first saw it when I let the dogs out to go to the bathroom. I noticed they had dug out something that looked like a post and it had something that resembled a bungy cord wrapped around it. I could not decide if it was a bungy cord or a snake. I told myself it was a bungy cord because I didn't want to believe a snake was in our backyard.

Later, I saw the workers scooping up the post and "bungy cord" and decided to ask them if was a bungy cord or snake. Sure enough, it was snake! We had a good laugh about it and they removed it from our yard. They told me they called their boss and he asked what kind of snake it was. The worker replied, "I don't know but it's fixing to be a dead one!" That's my kind of thinking; sorry there is no picture, I just couldn't bring myself to go back out there and take a picture of a dead snake.


To understand this story completely you have to understand Brad's fear of snakes. He is absolutely terrified. Any time snakes are mentioned, he talks about running as fast as he can as far away as he can possibly be. He also talks about moving and leaving the furinture behind if there is one at our house. I guess you could say his worst nightmare happened yesterday. When I told him, he said he would get us a room at the Hampton Inn and we could sneak the dogs in the back door. He also asked me to call the real estate agent. Somehow I convinced him to come home, but I was on backyard duty with the dogs for the rest of the evening. Brad is convinced this is not the only snake back there - where there is one, there is many - I sure hope he is wrong!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw that it was a snake. I wondered when you guys were going to be moving!!! : )

    ReplyDelete