Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fun in the Sun

The weatherman kept saying that last weekend was going to be the best weekend all year. Once I heard that I decided I needed to spend as much time outside as possible! I spent Friday afternoon lounging by the pool. It was great! I think I got my love for the pool from my mom. She taught me the fine art of reading by the pool and dipping in to cool off. I felt kind of bad though because Brad was at work. Luckily, he got off a little bit early and we got to enjoy some time on the back porch. Later that evening, Ella came over and we got to babysit. It was so much fun!! She only stayed a few hours but we had a great time swimming and watching cartoons. One funny thing, as she was getting ready to leave, she looked at me and said, “LeeAnn, you’re little”. It cracked me up because she is going to be taller than me within the year, so to her, I seem very small. She also told she thought I would be five on my birthday. That works for me. Oh, also, don't worry Jamie, we still want kids (she was afraid after watching Ella we may not want kids)!

Me and Ella swimming

Saturday, Matt, Jamie and Ella treated us to a day on the water. We took their boat down to Lulu’s for lunch. I had wondered what you wore to Lulu’s when coming off a boat in the summer. I took a normal swim cover up and hoped that would be ok. I was right; I think I saw more swimsuits than normal clothes. Get this - there was a wait at 1 pm at Lulu’s. That place is crazy busy. I can’t imagine what the wait is at dinner. On our way back we saw a family of porpoises. I think there were 5 or 6 in the group. I never would have thought that porpoises would be in the Mobile Bay.

Matt, Jamie, and Ella at Lulu's

Saturday evening we went to a coworker of Brad’s birthday party. Every year Allison has a crawfish boil in her backyard. We had a good time visiting with all the people from Brad’s work. I will have to say that we did not eat any crawfish. Neither of us really like to work for our food and I think the crawfish still had their heads. There was no way you were going to get me near that.

Our fun in the sun weekend was finished off Sunday with an afternoon by the pool. I think I could get used to being so close to water (the pool and the gulf) and this wonderful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment