Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday Fun

Last Saturday was my birthday and we got to spend the weekend at the beach (one of my favorite places!!). We have taken some awesome vacations over our anniversary and my birthday so we thought it would be fun to get away like we have done before. It was wonderful to hop in the car at 3 and be at our hotel in Orange Beach in 50 minutes (and that includes a stop for gas). Saturday, we got out to the beach about 8:30 and stayed until after 5; it was wonderful!! There was a great breeze and I didn’t even need the shade of the umbrella.

Us in front of our hotel, Island House Hotel

The view from our room. Who would want to leave this?

Us at Cafe Grazie, our favorite place to go in Orange Beach. We got to sit on the enclosed patio and watch the sun set over the marina.

When we got home Sunday, I was welcomed by cards and birthday wishes. One of my favorites comes my from college roommate, Marie. I was checking my email and in my inbox was this sweet picture -

Daniel, Marie's sweet son, wishing me a happy birthday. This made my day!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had such fun!! Ben is looking forward to "Brad at the beach!" Wow Marie put my card to shame!! : ) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete