Monday, June 15, 2009

Angels and Demons

Have you seen this movie? Brad and I saw this Friday night. I thought it would be fun to write a little movie review, so here we go. We were interested in seeing it because it is based on a book written by the same guy who wrote, “The Da Vinci Code”.

I would give this movie an A-. I think I liked “The Da Vinci Code” better, but this one was still good. Tom Hanks is the main character, Robert Langdon, and he plays a symboltologist (I think I may have just made that word up – he looks for symbols and interprets them). The story comes out of Rome when the Pope dies. Four of the cardinals are captured and Tom Hanks must find them before they die. You are taken on a scavenger hunt as clues are revealed to find the next cardinal in an attempt to save them before they are murdered. Also, to make it a little more interesting, they are searching for antimatter before it combusts and causes catastrophe.

This movie is a little violent. I don’t want to give anything away, but let’s just say people die and it is not pretty. If you are interested in following clues and trying to figure what is going to happen next, then this movie is for you. I was actually very surprised when I learned who the real “villain” was.

As a side note, Brad and I were the only ones in the theater at first. We didn’t get there too early, maybe 10 to 15 minutes early. It was rather comical to be the only ones in there when the previews began. By the time they were over another couple had joined us. This was a special couple; they started smoking towards the end of the movie. Anyway, we decided the reason we were the only ones there was that we were seeing a late showing (9:40 pm – look at us staying out late – ha!), the movie has been out almost a month, and we live in a small community where there are 2 movie theaters. So, if you decide to go to this movie and you are the only one in the theater, don’t worry, you did not choose a bad movie (or at least I don’t think so).

The reason I give this an A-:
*Good story line
*Kept me interested for most of the 2 hours and 20 minutes
*Could probably wait for it to come out on video

No comments:

Post a Comment