Thursday, May 20, 2010

Auburn Review

Last week Paige and I tagged along with Brad to Auburn.  He gets to go every year for graduation and for his faculty retreat.  Here are few a pictures to recap our week...

While Brad was off doing his thing, Paige and I hit the streets of Auburn.  We had a great time eating at all of my favorites (Amsterdam's, BBQ House, Chappy's Deli, Niffers, Mike and Ed's BBQ - AU has the best BBQ, and Veggies to Go) and Paige was so good to let me eat.  I think my favorite part of the trip was strolling Paige around Auburn.  It brought back so many great memories.  The day we walked around campus, we walked by Samford Hall at the perfect, at noon when the bells chime the fight song.  I could not have timed it better if I had tried. We also visited one of my college friends, Jamye, who had just had a baby.  Here is Morgan, Jamye's daughter, sleeping.



We got to enjoy some family time just hanging out in the hotel.  This was Paige's first stay in a hotel.  Let me just say it is a lot different than home.  Paige was great but I was always worried when she would start to cry.  I was afraid housekeeping would come get me for child abuse because she wouldn't stop crying (she didn't cry that much so I really didn't have to worry, the thought was just always in the back of my mind).


And we got to visit Brad's great aunt, Aunt Mary.  She was so happy to see Paige!


No trip is complete without checking out the stadium and we had to grab a picture since it was Paige's first visit.  We told her this is where she would enter when she was a cheerleader in about 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment