Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Special Gift

I am about to pull in the driveway yesterday and I notice we have a package on our doorstep.  We weren't expecting anything so I was eager to find out what it was.  I opened the package and found this sweet quilt.


The quilt is from my Aunt Janet, Uncle Sam and their 3 boys.  As I read the card, I started to realize how special this quilt was.  Not only did Janet make this quilt but she used fabric that my Grandmom Lois (my mom's mom) had given her.  Janet's mom also helped with the quilt by hand-stitching around each square.  How neat is that?!? 

Grandmom Lois passed away almost 2 years ago and I so wish she could have met Paige and even more that Paige could have met her.  She was so fun and always making me laugh, especially when she was acting like "Lois".



As Brad would say - we are all 3 alike - triplinkies (and with Paige that means quadraplinkies)


I call this onesie the "Grandmom Lois onesie" because it has the XOXO on it.  Grandmom always signed her cards with XOXO (hugs and kisses) and seeing Paige wear this reminds me of all the love my grandmother shared with us.

Thank Aunt Janet for the special quilt; we will cherish it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment