Saturday, May 1, 2010

Craigslist

Has anyone everyone ever sold stuff on Craigslist?  Last year I explored the idea and never acted on it because I wasn't organized enough.  Then Justin and Christina were telling us how they sold a desk using and Craigslist and how it was pretty simple.  So, I decided I would try it out and it was simple!! 

I listed 3 items.  2 of them I listed very late last Wednesday night.  In the end we had over 15 responses for one of the items and over 10 for the other!  I ended up having to write people and say, "if I don't hear from you by xxx I will assume you are not interested".  How crazy is that?!?  And to make it even better, they came to the house and picked the stuff up.  One guy was willing to come pay me on Thursday and then pick it up Friday because he wanted to make sure I held it for him.  I told him not to worry about it, that it was his and he could pick up and pay at the same time.

The other item I listed Wednesday afternoon and then relisted it Friday.  I didn't hear anything all weekend and finally yesterday someone sent me a message saying they were interested.  I was able to sell them the file cabinet and bookshelf, which was not even listed.  Wahoo!  He came and picked up both things yesterday and now we have a little extra cash in our pocket.

I am all about some Craigslist now!   Here's to finding more stuff around the house to sell!

Paige and her new footrest, aka Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment