Monday, July 19, 2010

Short and Sweet

This post isn't going to be that short, but the weekend sure was!

I am amazed at how quickly our weekends go by; they just aren't long enough!  This weekend was no different.  I am also amazed at how I bring my camera and end up not taking any pictures.  That is not good!  I want to do better so we can really capture the memories.

Anyway, Friday before we got our evening started Paige tried carrots for the first time.  She took a liking to them like she did with the sweet potatos.  Peas are next on the list.  Dinner was at our new favorite Mexican restaurant.  It is at the mall - I think that is why I like it so much.  After eating we shopped a little (You can't beat the sale Ann Taylor Loft was having.  I got a pair of dressy capris for $15!)  Then we met Matt, Jamie, Ella and Myles for ice cream.  So, we had Mexican, shopping and ice cream all in one night.  I love it!

Saturday we ventured out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then I headed to work for a few hours.  I stayed just long enough to get a little work done but came home in time to still enjoy the day.  Paige and I hung out while Brad worked in the yard.  He has been working really hard to make the entire yard look better.  Phase I includes adding a stone boarder to our flower beds in the front yard.  It is looking really good!  We cooled off by swimming together.  We all swam and relaxed together.


For dinner we headed to Bimini Bob's.  We got to sit outside again.  This was the view from our table.  You can't really tell, but in the background there is the Mobile skyline.   This view is what I love - I love looking over the bay knowing that work is on one side and home is on the other.  It kind of reminds me of living in Hampton Cove, having to cross the mountain and what not.


Paige was an angel as usual at dinner.  Funny story - during dinner we heard some excited screaming coming 2 tables over.  Turns out one of the girls is pregnant and she was telling her friends for the first time.  It brought back great memories of how we got to tell our friends and family that we were pregnant with Paige.  It was also neat to think back to how I was feeling when I was just a few weeks pregnant with Paige; so exciting!


Sunday we headed to church and Paige did great in the nursery again.  The ladies working there had nothing but nice things to say.  I think there were more workers than kids there this Sunday.  I love knowing that she is getting attention while we are able to give our full attention in the service.  On a different note, I want to say how much I enjoy our pastor.  He speaks the truth, he speaks God's word.  Each week Brad and I leave wanting to dive deeper into our relationships with God and with each other.  Some of the latest topics have been sin (isn't it always a topic?  Our pastor talked about specific sin that really hit home for me) and money (he has been doing quite a few money topics, or so it seems, but the last one really hit home with me...why do I save money?).  Anyway, enough deep thoughts, we will save those for another day.


(yes, I realize the bow is as big as her head)

The rest of the day was spent with Jamie, Matt, Ella and Myles down at the river.  It was too rainy/overcast for us to go out on the boat but we had a good time hanging out on the dock, spending great time together. [Here is where I wish I had taken pictures...had the camera but didn't get any pictures]

Now on to the rest of the week...

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of her in her hat & sunglasses. Love Aunt S

    ReplyDelete