Tuesday, May 17, 2011

15 Months

Paige you are 15 months old!! 
(actually you turned 15 months last week, but it always seems like I am behind.)


Gone are the days of taking pictures of you in your crib.  I don't think you would sit still for one minute even if we tried.

So, what are you up to these days?  Everything!!  You took your first steps the night before your 1st birthday and haven't looked back since.  Your walk has turned more into a run.  In fact, you have already worn out one pair of shoes and you got your first pair of real tennis shoes over the weekend, size 4.5 (boy do you look cute and so grown up!).  At school you would rather walk than ride when moving from room to room.  It is too cute to watch you move on along like a big girl.  You are also wanting to walk to the car now.  You know what bye-bye means and take off for the garage door and once in the garage you expect the garage door to be open and ready for you.  This presents a challenge for us because you do not like to hold our hands, but with a little persistence on our part you will get used to it.

Your vocabulary has really picked up.  Some of your favorite words are ball, book, dog (followed by your dog sound, not quite sure it is a ruff-ruff or woof-woof just yet), please, thank you, yum yum, outside (you say 'side'), dada, yes and no mam.  Speaking of 'please', we have all been working hard to get you to say please and thank you when asking for something.  Funny story from school - Ms. Melissa asked you if you would like a cracker, you replied, "yes" while moving your head up and down.  Ms. Melissa asks, "Paige will you say 'please'?".  You reply, "no" and refuse to say please.  We were all laughing because you would just not say it and you knew you were supposed to.  Lesson learned - momma and daddy needed to work more with you at home on this one and boy have we!  So much so, that when I saw Ms. Carrieann last week she told me you were one of the politess kids in the school.  She thought it was great that you would say 'no mam' (I wondered to myself if that was because that is what she hears all the time at home, either said to her or her fur sisters - ha!).  We love listening to you talk even when it is just babbling that we can't understand.


Over the past 3 months eating has not really been a challenge.  You would eat almost anything we offered anytime we offered it.  Maybe that is why you weigh 24 lbs and wear 18 month or 24 month clothes!  You are starting to develop a taste for certain things.  For instance you love peanut butter and you are starting not to like grilled sandwiches (including grilled cheese - what kid doesn't like grilled cheese?  I am hoping this will pass because I love grilled sandwiches.).  You and I have our "thing" with peanut butter and can eat it right of the jar together (I don't know if I should be admitting this on our blog as some may find it yucky that we eat it right out of the jar).  You continue to love fruits and veggies, especially bananas and green beans.  I love that you go for the green beans before anything else on your plate or that you will specifically ask for a banana for breakfast or snack.  You are drinking from a straw when given the opportunity.  We were a little reluctant to try this but when you get sweet tea on the other end, who can resist?  You are also learning that chocolate can help make boo-boo's better.

Books are probably your most favorite toy.  You will read on your own or you will bring one to us and want to sit in our lap to read together.  "Reading" normally consists of me reading the pages really quickly while you try to turn the pages.  I love that you have such a great interest in books and I hope it continues.  Balls are another favorite toy.  It doesn't matter if it is big or small, one you can hold or one you see in a book or on TV, you love balls.  I have recently learned that soccer may be in your future because you love kicking them so much...we will see where that takes us.

"Firsts" for the past 3 months include going to Willowbrook's high tech nursery (but not your first nursery experience) and my first time to leave you with your daddy.  I have left you before while I was with daddy but never without.  I think I was more affected by this than (isn't that the way it seems to work with kids).  Daddy did teach you one neat trick while I was gone and that was to say "cheese" when you take a picture.  "Cheese" includes the cute little smile along with you right up on the camera - see picture 1 of the post to know what I am talking about.  I love it!!!!


Words I would use to describe you -

Loving
 you love give hugs

Strong Willed
Daddy says you get this from me

Smart
Daddy says you get this from him

Giggle box
your laugh is contagious and I just love to hear it

Fun
there is never a dull moment at our house

No Fear
there isn't too much that scares you, including going down the slide head first, yes you have tried this

Everywhere
You are always on the go and on to something new

Sweet/Caring/Sharing
You bring your fur sisters their toys and chewy sticks, it is so sweet to see you share
Did you know that there is a new way to sit in chairs?

Happy 15 Month Birthday sweet baby girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment