Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crazy Weekends

The past 2 weeks have been kind of crazy around our house.  I can't believe half of May is already over.

So, where do I begin?  Last weekend we had all these great ideas of what we could do for Mother's Day.  It was going to start with some shopping and dinner at Sea n Suds.  Well, we go shopping, phase I, complete, but then it was nap time.  Paige took an unusally long nap so we didn't make it out for round 2.  We also didn't make it to Sea n Suds either because poor baby had a fever (high fever at that!).  So, we opted to stay home and boy are we glad we did.  Poor Madi then got sick and by 11:30 pm she had blood coming out places where it shouldn't and it was off to the emergency vet for Madi and Brad.  Poor thing ended up getting diagnosed with HGE and had to spend 2 nights recouping and getting rid of the yucky bug.

With Paige's fever Saturday we didn't feel like we should go to church and expose other kids to whatever she may have.  When she got up she was fever free so we decided we could go on with phase 2 of Mother's Day weekend and that was brunch at Bimini Bob's.  It was our first time to go there for brunch and it did not disappoint!

Me with my sweet girl that made me a mom!


Sweet plate Paige made at school!


Our week was fairly uneventful, which we were all grateful for, but Brad was out of town for work for a couple nights (no biggy!).  I did have a moment where I felt like superwoman - Tuesday morning our morning started with getting Brad to Target to meet his ride at 6:30, then breakfast with the girls in the Chick-fil-a parking lot, then Paige to school, Ellie and Madi to doggie daycare, and then finished up at Publix at 7:25.  Pretty good I thought!

Then came Friday...

Paige had her 15 month check up (updates about that in another post, can't believe she is 15 months!) that morning and I decided I would take her on to school for the afternoon so I could run a few errands and get somethings picked up around the house.  Well, Ellie had other plans.  I am not sure if she got what Madi had, but it was headed that way and with the first sign that it could be the same I was calling our vet and getting an appointment.  Poor Ellie ended up spending Friday and Saturday nights at the vet's office getting fluids and resting.  Luckily we were able to pick her up tonight.

So, back to Sea n Suds...Brad and I had really been wanting to go and were disappointed that we couldn't go last weekend.  We told each other we would go this Friday or Saturday night.  After Ellie getting sick, Friday night was out.  Then Paige had a birthday party to attend Saturday afternoon and it didn't make much sense to drive down to Gulf Shores when we were basically on the Causeway.  Knowing that we made the right decision to eat closer to home, we were still disappointed and decided that today we would go.  We made it for lunch - yay!!!!  Let me just say that I absolutely love their shrimp sandwich.  This is the place where I learned to like shrimp sandwiches and it was oh so good, perfect little shrimp on a lightly toasted bun with just the right amount of tarter sauce!!  I am already ready to go back!!!  Plus, you can't beat making your own cocktail sauce.


Loving ball time at the Little Gym.


Can't beat a breezy sunny day at the beach!

In my mind I already have some relaxation plans for next weekend.  We will see if it really happens or life has something else up its sleeve.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back!!!! Sounds like it has been crazy!! Hope things calm down!

    ReplyDelete