Saturday, February 21, 2009

Loot from the Weekend

Well, we went parading again this weekend. Last night we met up with some of Brad's co-workers in Mobile for the Crew of Columbus parade. We were supposed to meet between 5:45 and 6 with the parade starting at 6:30. I left the house at 5:20 - you would think that would give me plenty of time to get to downtown Mobile. It took me an hour and 45 minutes!!!! This drive should have taken me only 20 to 30 min. max - and get this, it was NOT Mardi Gras traffic. I was the only car getting off at the downtown exit, well I guess there wouldn't be much traffic 30 minutes after the parade starts. I was able to get to Brad and the others and see the last 2 floats. Lucky for me, Brad's co-workers are serious paraders. We stopped at 2 more spots along the parade route before eating dinner.
This is a little different than the parades last week. We got a little bit of everything (from a singing lobster/crawfish to Christmas candy and a used key chain)

Tonight we went with Brad's cousin, Jamie, her husband, Matt, and their daughter, Ella, to the Mystics of Time parade in Mobile. This parade had to be the craziest we went to out of all of them and when I say crazy, it really wasn't that crazy, just not what we are used to. We were on the 2nd row and in front of us was a lady all the way from Wetumpka (ok - all the way from Wetumpka is not very far, when she told us this I thought she was going to say all the way from Oklahoma or somewhere really far away). The main reason we started talking to her was because we noticed she had one of those claws to grab the leftovers on the other side of the barricades. Don't worry, she had her tailgating chair and was ready for the parade. After this parade we all walked away with "war scars". Brad got hit in the face while catching beads, I got hit in between the eyes by a medal coin, and Jamie got hit in the face with beads (this was after another guy took beads right out of her hands).


Jamie, Matt, and Ella



Not pictured: A cup from Moe's, yes the place you eat (Welcome to Moe's!) and a foam noodle for the pool




No comments:

Post a Comment