Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Plywood, Parades, and Presidents' Day

What do these things have in common? A great weekend with Brad's family! So, its the middle of the week and I am just now posting about the weekend; better late than I never I guess.

This weekend Brad's family came down. The main reason for the visit was to cut plywood and no, there was not a hurricane coming. We bought the plywood back when Gustav was brewing in the Gulf and since we were new homeowners we didn't want to risk Gustav heading our way. Brad, Joe and Justin worked all day Saturday and part of the day Sunday; they did a great job! I also enlisted their help in moving our piano and moving our desk. While they were here we went to 2 Mardi Gras parades. They were so much fun. The first one we went to was in Fairhope and the other was in Mobile. We caught tons of beads, stuffed animals, cups, moonpies, peanuts, flowers, and footballs. Fairhope was a little more family-friendly, but Mobile was not bad. They seem a little more in to it in Mobile - we saw people with rakes and claws, ready to get the junk that didn't make it past the barricade. I almost had to battle a child for a stuffed animal - don't worry about him, he popped out of nowhere for it and then disappeared after I beat him to it (it landed right at my feet and he was going to sweep in a get it - I don't think so buddy, my dogs need a toy!). As always, we had a great time visiting with Brad's family. They left on Monday morning since it was a holiday. Poor Brad, he was the only one who had to work that day. After they left I had a nice, relaxing afternoon to myself.

I hope your weekend was as fun as mine! I plan to post pictures either tonight or tomorrow of the weekend - to me, the pictures are the best part of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment