Friday, February 27, 2009

Adventure in Wally World

You won't be seeing this title very often because I am not the hugest fan of Walmart, I do most of my shopping at Target. Anyway, yesterday I needed to get 3 things: toilet cleaner, diet dr. pepper, and a pizza, and Walmart was the best place to go, or so I thought. I my mind this would take like 5 minutes, get in, get out, and be on my way.

First on the list, toilet cleaner. I go to the household cleaning supplies aisle. All it has on it is laundry detergent and dish washing detergent. The aisle before said dog food and the aisle after it was irons and that type of thing. So, I continued to wander around thinking the other cleaning supplies might be somewhere close by. After not finding them I decide to ask someone who worked there. She misunderstood what I said and took me to the toilet brushes, which I guess is toilet cleaner, but not the type I needed. So, I continued to wander. Then I decided I should just ask someone who looked normal (at Walmart that is not always the easiest thing). A nice lady told me I needed to go to the dog food aisle and it would be around there. Sure enough, toilet cleaner was on the dog food aisle and I had just missed it (who looks for cleaning supplies on a pet aisle!).

Next on the list, Diet Dr. Pepper. I knew exactly where that was at the back of the store and had no problems getting it. On to the pizza. I figured that would be in the deli and at the Walmart in Huntsville and I think Fairhope, the deli is up front. So, back up front I go - and only find the Bakery and Seafood. To the back of the store again. Luckily I found the pizza and go to the check out only to realize I got Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper. There was no way I was going back to the back of store so I just went ahead and checked out.

There you have it, a trip that should have taken 5 minutes turned into a 20 minutes, all for 3 items - at least I got my exercise for the day. And by golly, we were going to enjoy that pizza and caffeine free diet dr. pepper (you can't really enjoy toilet cleaner I guess - ha!).

1 comment:

  1. The toilet cleaner is for the dogs to enjoy so they can drink clean toilet water! ;-) Although your babies probably don't drink out of the toilet, do they?

    ReplyDelete