Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekend Fun

This weekend my dad, Donna, and Jonathan came down for a visit. Jonathan has been in Huntsville for the past month studying for the AL Bar exam, which he took last week. He is hoping to find a job in Alabama so if you know any attorneys, let me know. Anyway, Jonathan wanted to check out Mobile to see if it might be a good place to live. We ate a lot of good seafood - Felix's on the Causeway and The Orignial Oyster House in Gulf Shores - and tried the cheese grits at both places (they were both very good; Felix's was a little more salty in my opinion, right up Brad's ally). On Saturday we ate lunch at A Spot of Tea. One of their specialities is hash browns. You can get them with everything from cheese, to peppers, to even saurkrat. After leaving stuffed, we walked around downtown Mobile. This was my first real time to do this and was neat to see all the city had to offer. After that we drove over to downtown Daphne and Fairhope. I love driving down Scenic 98! The water is right there and it is so pretty.



Overall the weekend was very relaxing. We got to spend some good time together and got to eat alot. As a side note, I thought we could try some new wine, Sauvignon Blanc. Oh my, just the smell of this turned me away! If anyone has tried this, I would love to hear about your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment