Sunday, March 15, 2009

Friends Forever

The Eckley family came to visit this weekend and we had a great time!! They were our first friends to come down and spend a full weekend with us. They came Thursday and left just a little bit ago. It was great on Thurday to see their van when I drove up to the house! Friday Brad went to work all day but I only had to work half day. We got to eat lunch at Roly Poly, one of my favorites. After that Emily and I went shopping. It great to have some girl time. We ate a yummy Asian restaurant Friday night and then went to the Bass Pro Shop. Oh my goodness, this place was huge! I think we could have spent hours in there with all of us mesmerized.

Saturday the guys played golf at Timbercreek and Emily, Ben and I went to Fairhope. This was my first time to explore Fairhope and it was so cute! There was a neat toy store where I think Ben had a great time. Speaking of, he is so sweet. There were toy tables set up throughout the store and when Emily said it was time to go he just put up what he was playing with and was ready to go, no crying or whining. After that we went down to the pier where they have a little beach. Ben was not really a fan but it was still fun to walk around.

Friday and Saturday night we played games after dinner. Trivial Pursuit is a favorite of all of our's. Matt and Emily always kick our butts but it is still so fun!! I think we played 3 or 4 rounds of it and they won every time. We also played Nerts (this is a card game for those who do not know). This was Matt's first time to play and boy did he do good! You would have never known it was his first time. I was lucky to win one round of Nerts, while Matt won the other 2.

We had such a great time with them this weekend and hated to see them leave - I already miss them. It was so fun to explore and just catch up with one another! I know we will see them soon whether it be them coming down here or us coming up to Huntsville.


Emily and Ben at Panera for breakfast Saturday
(don't you just want to eat him up!)

We wanted to keep Ben with us but figured his grandparents probably wouldn't like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment