Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home

That is probably what my girls are thinking now that they are home. While we were in Pigeon Forge, Ellie and Madi were at the vet’s office.

When I dropped them off Thursday the receptionist who helped me was not the nicest. In fact, on the back of her shirt it read “Pain Police”. Either she had been having a rough day or she had been working at the vet’s office too long and needed to find a new job. I thought I had done a good job packing up there stuff. I only included 2 beds, one large blanket, 2 small blankets and some toys. This is major improvement if you compare it to Ellie’s first overnight trip at the vet’s office. That time I had 3 beds, 2 big blankets, 1 small blanket and a bunch of toys – all for one dog. The receptionist had the nerve to tell me she didn’t think my dogs needed all of these things and that she wanted to write our name on everything. I told her they did need the bedding and they could only write our name on the tags. Luckily, one vet had already loved on Ellie and Madi because she had a cocker spaniel herself and the technicians who came to get the girls were super nice. I told myself that if she was rude to me again on Monday I was going to say something to the vet.

So, I go to pick them up yesterday. I patiently wait my turn and see the Pain Police leaving, or so I thought. Another girl helps me and she is nice. The girls come out (we are all very excited) and the technicians help me to my car. I point out my car and to my surprise there is a dead bird in my grill. YUCK!!!!!!!!! Funny thing though – Brad and I were driving home Sunday and we hear a thud and see some feathers but didn’t really think too much of it. We thought we had run over something and thought everything was ok because no lights came on the dashboard. Well, that big thud was a bird crashing into the grill of my car.

Once we got home I washed all of the girl’s bedding and Brad gave them a bath. The rest of the evening was spent on the couch. They both were asleep in no time, snoring away.


Normally, I under the blanket and Ellie is beside me and Madi is at my feet. That is not how it played out last night. I tried to fit in between them but that did not work out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment