Friday, October 9, 2009

Good for now

The appointment with Dr. Doback went very well yesterday. Turns out my levels are right on the border between needing the extra medicine and not needing the extra medicine. He told me that my regular doctor just wanted him to take a look since the levels were a little above/below (I am not really sure which way you look at it; I think it depends on what you are testing) the normal levels.

While I was there I had an ultrasound with over 60 pictures taken. The techinician did this and then the doctor came in and measured blood flow around the heart and around the umbilical cord. According to him everything looks good and it looks like our little girl is healthy.

I had some more blood drawn and he said if the it comes back at a certain level (or exceeds that level) then I will start the new medicine. He it could take up to a week or 2 to get the results back and that if I did not hear from him then there were no abnormalities. He also said that if everything came back normal this would be my only appointment but I was welcome to come see them anytime, do not hesitate to call.

While waiting my turn I got to see how compassionate this doctor is. A couple a came into the waiting room with their baby. They asked if they could see Dr. Doback and next thing you know he is out in the waiting room visiting with this family. He greeted the mom with a hug and the dad with a handshake. Then he actually sat down and talked to them about how things were going with their new little one. This poor little baby was on oxygen, had a heart problem that may heal itself but they won't know until January, and a retina problem that is working on healing itself (I learned all of this while sitting in the waiting room). The couple was so grateful for all that Dr. Doback had done and Dr. Doback was truly interested in how they were doing. I knew then, even before meeting the doctor, that was a special office and that they would take care of me and our little baby girl.

With all this being said, I am continuely amazed at how God works and puts these awesome people in our life. If I do have to go back to this doctor's office I know I will be in great hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment