Friday, October 30, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

I feel like we have been going and going non-stop. Just when I think things are going to slow down they get faster. Let's start with today and work back our way backwards.

Today, Brad and I were in Birmingham. Brad was attending and speaking at a pharmacy meeting. While he worked, I shopped. I had a great time running errands (Sam's, Target), eating at Jason's Deli, and shopping at the Galleria. After Brad was done we came on down to Montgomery and met Brad's parents. We had a yummy dinner at Jim and Nick's - I love their cheesy rolls!

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. Nothing much to report. Baby girls' heartbeat was 152 and I was measuring normal (whatever "normal" is). We talked about how much she is moving around. It is so neat! She is definitely a mover. One day last week she was having an all day party. I guess that is better than an all night party. A couple of people asked me if I had seen an elbow pop out or anything like that. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about looking, but since they mentioned I thought I would take a look. Sure enough, I could see my body move while she was moving. It was truly amazing!!

Wednesday Brad got to go to juvinile court. Back in July one of the neighborhood kids thought it would be fun to drive a golf cart around and bash in mailboxes, 36 of them to be exact. This was the 2nd time in a month this had happened to us in a month and needless to say we were not that happy. The boy never apologized so us and some other neighbors filed charges. From what we understood this was not the first offense for this boy and we both felt pressing charges would do him some good. Get this - the boy pleaded not guilty even after he put an apology note in our mailbox (this was back at the beginning of October - a little late for an apology if you don't want charges against you). Anyway, he got a year's probation. The other neighbor's didn't that was long enough, but we just wanted something done so this works for us.

Wednesday I also finished a really big project at work. I volunteered to work on one of the hydropower financial statements. I did this last year and didn't have to work any extra. Not so much this year. This week I worked 8 hours at work Sunday, then 3 more at home, and I stayed until 7 Monday and Tuesday. Last week wasn't quite this bad, but it was working Sunday and staying late 3 nights. I am so glad the statements are done and I can start November off right. I told myself that I would not have to work any extra in October and I was wrong - I don't think I will have to do any extra in November; let's hope I'm right.

Saturday we bought a crib!! We knew what crib we wanted (make/model) but we didn't know what color we wanted. So, we drove to Pensacola and 3 hours later we left with a crib and mattress, along with a dresser on order. We spent 2 and 1/2 hours in the store going back and forth trying to decide between the white and the dark (cherry, java, espresso, whatever). We walked back and forth between these cribs with 2 different beddings and couldn't decide what we wanted. Finally, after a drink break, we decided on white. Now on to bedding...anyone have some favorite places to look?

I guess that is about it for now. I have some pictures I want to post but I don't have them with me. Until next time...hopefully sooner than later!

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope things slow down for you!
    As for the joyful baby bouncing around inside of you, try reclining a little and resting a tv remote control on your belly when she's active. It's fun to watch it bounce around and really helps the guys understand how much action is going on in there!

    ReplyDelete