Sunday, October 24, 2010

Go Tigers!

Not, Geaux Tigers!

This weekend was filled fun!  Friday, we travelled to Birmingham for Brad to attend a conference.  I love tagging along because that normally means I get to shop.  I went last year and had the best time so I knew this year I would go even if I had to take off work (which I did and it was totally worth it).

I met up with one of my old college friends, Ashley, and her son Jack.  We had an awesome time shopping at the Galleria!!



We got to eat at Jason's Deli - one of the places I miss from Huntsville!


Paige getting a sweet hug from Jack.

Friday night we met Nana, Papa Joe, Justin and Christina in Montgomery to eat at Jim and Nick's - another favorite of our's!  Brad and I have to go there at least once a year for the cheesy cornbread - that is my whole reason go - I absolutely love it.

Saturday we went to the AU/LSU game.  I decided I would take Paige to this one since the weather was pretty nice and kickoff was at a good time.  Oh my goodness!!  We sat on the first row (that is where Brad's faculty seats are) and I loved them!  I am probably one of the few that would actually like these because you can't really see the game.  You can see the jumbo-tron but that is about it.  These seats are a people-watcher's dream come true.  I loved seeing behind the scenes of the Auburn bench.  Like we knew Daren Bates had something wrong with his arm/shoulder/something when we saw him in is warmup suit with one arm out of the sleeve.  Paige was an angel and we got to stay the whole game!


Aunt Christina made the bow and Paige's afternoon teacher, Ms. Margie, made the headband (well, she sewed or glued it together).  The headband did not last long in heat and when I tried to put it back on her she took it right off.  Oh well!


If you look very close you will see SuperCam in the center before the game.





Enjoying the win!


While the game was going on I had all these thoughts that I wanted to share and now that it is time to write, I can't remember any of them.  Maybe next time...until then we will enjoy being #1 in BCS and hope the curse that comes with it doesn't follow us!

War Eagle!

1 comment: