Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This, That, and the Other

It seems like when we have nothing going on, we have nothing and when there is one thing, there is a million.  These past few days have been one of those million times, some things have been exciting and fun and others have been surprising and sad.

I guess you start with the bad news first - Brad's Uncle Wayne passed away Friday.  We learned that he had an aortic dissection (I hope I am saying that correctly) Monday.  Then had emergency surgery overnight Monday and never woke up from the surgery.  Brad travelled to Mississippi to join the rest of the family for his celebration service.  I like the idea of a celebration service because while we mourn here on Earth, I believe we can celebrate that Wayne is with our Lord and Savior.  Not only is he in heaven singing with the angels, he is singing with his momma and his daddy - how neat is that?!? 


We love you Uncle Wayne!

The happy ~

Our friend Billy came down to Mobile for a conference and we got to have dinner with him!  We love Billy and Rebecca and it is always so great to see them.  Rebecca couldn't make the trip this time, but we enjoyed visiting with Billy.  I love how when we get together our friendship doesn't skip a beat - you would never know we live 350 miles apart.


I realized I left Ben out of my last post and I can't do that!!  He is always so sweet to come and hang out with us.  For so long he was the only child and now he is the only boy.  He is always so good just to go with the flow and have fun.


Next, we have one other reason to celebrate, my first baby girl had a birthday.  Yesterday was Ellie's 6th birthday!  I can not believe my baby is 6 (and yes, I consider my doggies, my babies too).  We celebrated with special treats, doggie ice cream and toys for each dog - you can't just give one dog a toy and not the other, they don't understand how birthdays really work.  Let me just say Madi cracks me up.  When it comes too food, she is all about it.  Every morning we have to feed Madi first then go to Ellie.  Well, I thought since it was Ellie's birthday I would put her ice cream in her bowl first.  Madi thought otherwise and as soon as I put the ice cream in the bowl, Madi took it out and took it to eat in the den (it was still pretty frozen).  It was so funny!  We tried to get the ice cream over to bowl but she didn't think she needed to eat it there.  Luckily, we were able to get her to eat it on the kitchen floor instead of the den rug. 


The girls enjoying their birthday toys.

Finally, tonight we got to have dinner with family.  Brad's cousins, Tee and Kay, and their daughter, Teya, came down to Aunt Susie's for fall break so we all got together for dinner.  I love getting together with family!   It was their first time to meet Paige and she just ate up all of the attention.  Myles and Ella were there also and she loves them!



It is only Tuesday and I feel like it should be Thursday.  That is probably not a good thing but at least we are staying busy the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment