Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

After the tailgate at church we came home to hand out candy to our neighborhood trick or treaters. [Side note - we have learned that it is easier to sit on the front porch and hand out the candy then to let kids ring the doorbell and get Ellie all in a fuss.] 


I have decided that trick or treating has changed a lot since I was a kid.  First, there are a ton of older kids trick or treating.  Maybe it was just our neighborhood, but man there were alot.  Secondly, since when did the whole family get dressed up and go trick or treating - each having a collection sack?  Kids expect to get more than one piece of candy.  What happened to the one piece rule?  Finally, have you ever gone to a house twice?  Yes, we had one group come back again.  I guess they just liked our candy so much they wanted more - ha!  One thing I do like is that we started putting a basket of candy on the porch when we were not out there and not ready to handle trick or treaters.  It was so nice to come home from church, get the dogs taken care of, feed Paige, get her back into her costume, change my clothes, then head out to greet the trick or treaters.

Since it is Paige's first Halloween we went a little over board with the pictures (not in our minds - in our minds, we didn't take enough) and I thought I would share a few.




What do we have here?


Look what I got Momma!





Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment