Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

Last night we went to the Daphne Christmas parade.  It was definitely an adventure!


Let me start by telling 2 little stories.  Paige's afternoon teacher was telling me how when her daughter was 4, they went to a parade at Disney World.  When it was over she was kind sad and asked, "why didn't they throw anything"?  How funny is that?!?  Only kids down in Mobile would wonder why stuff was not thrown at them during a parade.  Story number 2 - I was trying to find out information about the parade online and saw where it was supposed to be tonight.  This confused me because Jamie said the parade was yesterday.  After digging a little deeper I found where the parade was moved to Thursday night because the Daphne High School football team made it to state finals and their game was tonight.  Only in the South does a Christmas parade get moved for football!



Back to the parade ~ this was a really fun parade!  There were a lot of floats and most had lights of some sort on them.  And in true parade fashion, stuff was thrown off the floats.  We caught everything from beads to stuffed animals and lots and lots of candy.  This parade was little different than the Mardi Gras parades because kids mainly filled the floats and were the ones throwing.  I thinking "throwing" is a nice way of putting what they did; it was more like chunking.  I got hit in the head at least 3 times by peppermints.  Once was on the bridge of my nose and another left a tiny scratch on my forehead.  By the end of the parade, Ella was hiding behind me when a float came.  I think it was because I was so dramatic - ha!  Paige and Myles were so good and just stared in awe as the floats drove past us; it was too cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment