Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Art Show

Last Thursday night was The Neighborhood School's Annual Art Show.  The art show is done to raise money for relay for life.  A group of the teachers form a team each year and the show is a fundraiser for the team.  It is neat because some of the teachers have had direct contact through personal relationships or personal experiences (one is a cancer survivor - so neat!).

Brad and I didn't really know what to expect with the Art Show.  I kept telling myself it was because I was not cultured enough to understand/appreciate an art show - ha!  The entire experience was so neat!  There was children's art displayed all throughout the school and you just walked through looking at it all.  I loved that even my 1 year old had 2 pieces for all to oogle and aagle over.

As I said, the show confused me a little bit because you didn't have to buy your child's art, although I was more than willing.  You could make a donation if you wanted and then just enjoy the art.  Then, they would send the art home for the parents to keep - love it!

I can't wait to see what next year's art show brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment