Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friday Fun

It is hard to believe it is already Sunday and that we have to go back to work tomorrow!  I have been wanting to write all weekend but we have stayed pretty busy and I haven't gotten a chance to sit down at the computer.

I was off Friday and took the doggies to vet for their annual check up.    The blog is mainly for us human-folks but I thought it would be good to include the doggies this go around.  Ellie weights 18 lbs and Madi weighs 21 lbs.  They are down from last year - good job girls!  I have a feeling it has something to do with switching up their treats.  The vet thought they were getting a little heavy last year and recommended we give them a multi-grain cheerio as a treat instead of the milkbone.  He said they didn't know the difference and that there are only 5 calories in the multi-grain cheerio.  The girls have adapted well and now we all eat the cheerios.

Anyway, both girls did great getting their shots and having the other annual stuff done. 

Ellie, ready to get the show started.

Madi, patiently waiting her turn.

I was able to squeeze in a haircut since Paige was at school (I thought that would be easier than taking 2 dogs and a baby to the vet's office).  I haven't been able to find a hair place I like and just when I think I do, something happens (like the girl last time basically rushing through my hair and telling me there was nothing she could do for it, nice right?).  This time I thought I would try the place up at the mall and it did not let me down!  Getting your hair washed is probably one of the best parts of the haircut and this salon ensured that it was an experience for you.  The chairs had a back massager in them, you got a warm towel wrapped around your head for a little bit and you got lotion massaged in your hands if you wanted - so nice and relaxing, plus the girl did a good job.  I think I will try it again because it was a great experience and an affordable experience.

Finally it was time for me to pick up Paige.  I had decided to wait until after naptime because she seems to nap better at school than at home.  I got it wrong this day!  The poor girl had a nap early in the morning but that was it.  Needless to say, she konked out on the way home.  Instead of waking her up, we pulled into a shaded church parking lot and let her rest for about an hour and a half.


After this great nap she was ready to go for the evening!! (which was actually pretty boring since Brad had a reception at work).

No comments:

Post a Comment