Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I don't know if it is the season or what, but I have really gotten into cleaning out things here lately.  Last night I spent some time going through a really, really old container that was in our attic.  And to my surprise I found some really funny things that brought back good memories.  I didn't realize how big of a "thing" I had for bunnies and pigs.  The bunny collection may come in handy as I raise my little Zeta-hopeful.  But, I don't have much to say about the pigs, other than I must have been crazy!  Who has Christmas pig PJs?  You are looking her!  I also have 2 big bins of stuffed pigs still in the attic (should I really be admitting this on my blog?).

The first thing I found were the 4 prom souviners and to my surprise, 3 of the 4 were candles.  Needless to say the wax had funktified and melted.



Next I found an old photo cube storage thingy.  The people in the pictures may kill me for sharing these, but oh well, I am in them too!

Me and my man way back when (actually I think it was the Fall of 2000)

A classic "bathroom picture" with Jennifer and Emily

Me, Jessica and Jennifer before our Senior Prom.

Sarah and me in 1997 or 1998

Finally, I went through what I thought was an old clothes bin.  There were a few pieces of clothes but it was mainly socks.  I didn't realize I had such a thing for old socks!  Just looking through the bin made me realize how lucky I am to have Brad.  How in the world did I ever get a date with these socks?!?


Do you see the socks with toes and the ones with Cupid pigs?  AWESOME!




I think one of the best things I found was an old notebook.  My mom and I used to write notes back and forth when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade (that is my guess from reading what we wrote). I said we were "pen pals" and we pretty much wrote each back and forth about our days.  Looking back it is so neat and so special!  I hope Paige and I can have the same type of relationship I had, and still have, with my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment