Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's Great to be Green

Monday night we kicked off the week with a little Irish theme for our dinner at small group.  I was in charge of a side dish and thought green beans seemed like a good idea (they are green right?).  This was my first time to make these but I had them one other time at work and they were so good.  And since I am in to sharing recipes, here's another one for you.

Green Bean Salad

2 large cans of green beans (I used french style, but you can use regular cut as well)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 stick of butter (I just used a half, couldn't be a total Paula Deen)
3/4 cup brown sugar
12 oz cooked bacon (I used bacon bits since that is what I had at home and it worked)

Drain green beans.  Mix soy sauce, melted butter, and brown sugar.  Pour over green beans.  Let this marinate for 24 hours at room temperature (I couldn't do that, something about it just didn't sound right so I put it in the fridge over night).  Add bacon and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Yum, Yum!!


Happy St. Patty's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. That recipe sounds good. I'll have to try it! You're hilarious, by the way, not being able to leave it out for 24 hours. I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete