Thursday, April 7, 2011

Craziness

I am sure most people reading follow the news and know about the impending government shutdown.  I on the other hand live in LeeAnn-world and don't pay attention to the news and if it weren't for my mom and stepdad, I would have no clue that I wasn't supposed to go to work Monday if the budget hasn't passed by tomorrow night.

Yes, that is right, no work and no pay come Monday until a budget is passed.

My question to all the Senators and Congressmen - what have you been doing the past 6 months?!?  The new year started on 01 October, meaning we needed a budget in place then to work.  If we are already 6 months plus behind for this year's budget then one can only imagine what the FY2012 budget will be like.

A co-worker of mine and I were talking about it and she had a great idea.  Start docking Congress' pay for ever day after 30 September that the budget is not in place.  They do this all the time in housing industry.  Let's say you are building a house and it is due on a certain date and you don't finish on time, you start getting money docked.  Same goes with daycare.  Just recently in Paige's newsletter they had a note for the half-day kids that for every minute past 3 p.m. they were going to charge $5 or something crazy like that.  Apparently they were having a problem and I bet they have solved it now (either the kids are picked up or they are making some money!).

I just don't get it!!

On a happy note, if I get to stay home I am going to find all sorts of things to do.  Maybe I will clean out the house again and look for things to sell (so we can pay our bills - ha!).  Or maybe I can take up a new hobby.  One of Paige's teachers offered to teach me how to smock, maybe now is the time to learn.

Here's to hoping the budget gets passed very, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment