Thursday, April 14, 2011

Egg Hunt

I have been out of town with work for the past couple of days - my first time to leave Paige with Brad.  And to no surprise, everyone survived.

While I was gone, Paige had her first Easter egg hunt at school.  She came home with a big ol' basket of eggs and I think she had a good time picking them up.



So, here's the deal - each child was supposed to bring a dozen filled eggs and the filling could not be candy.  I racked my brain and decided I would do goldfish but I put them in a baggy because I didn't like the idea of food touching the egg.  Am I crazy???  We get the eggs out tonight and most are filled with unwrapped fruit loops and cheerios.  There were a few candies (despite the "no candy" rule) and a few other balls and blow up towels (something like that, I am not really sure what they are).  Am I totally strange for wrapping up the goldfish?  Brad told me I was "that mom" but the thought of Paige eating food out of an egg is just yucky to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment