Monday, April 4, 2011

Epic

We just finished a series at church title "Epic: Piecing Together God's Great Story".  Our pastor took us through the Bible in 6 sermons, explaining in laymen's terms in a chronological order.  I hate to admit it, I found one sermon somewhat boring because it was so history heavy.  Brad on the other hand was very intrigued and couldn't wait to hear more.

This week it was my turn to get excited.  We get weekly emails from the church with different updates and when I got this week's and saw that the sermon would be on the book of Revelation I knew I wanted to be there.  I didn't think there was anyway to truly understand all that is in the book in one sermon (shoot, is there any way to truly understand it in a lifetime?) but I was looking forward to hearing the pastor's take on the book and learning more.

Pastor Mark did not disappoint!  Really, I should be saying God did not disappoint.  Pastor Mark walked through the book, explaining the different ways people look at the end days. (Will the church be on Earth for the tribulation or will they be in Heaven?)  It was so neat!  If you are interested in scratching the surface on this deep book of the Bible, I encourage you to listen to the sermon - http://www.icotes.org/
Another thing I found interesting was that the title of the first sermon was "Paradise Lost".  It came from the book of Genesis and he talked about the fall of man.  This last sermon was titled "Paradise Restored" - stemming from Revelation 21-22.  I know this was planned, but it really puts things into perspective.


Paige dancing while on our way to church listening to The Cathedrals, a Southern gospel group.  We've got to start her out right!

No comments:

Post a Comment