Friday, June 3, 2011

Crunchy Grass

Summer is here!  And our grass is dead!!  There has been little to no rain for months.  It cracked me up the other night as we went out to play and all you could hear is crunch, crunch, crunch on our grass.  Luckily, we are not alone with the crunchy grass - I think our whole neighborhood is this way.  Poor Brad though, he loves his yard.  I am the mean wife who won't let him water the grass.  During the month of April he watered it off and on and our water bill quadrupled (and I was out of town 2 of those weeks!).  When I say quadrupled, I mean it was like 4 times from the month before - not cool!!!  So, now we get to look like the rest of the neighborhood.  Ok, now that I am done rambling about nothing, I will leave you with the star of the show...

It is almost like she is in camo if it weren't for the pink shoes!

"Look, I can see myself in daddy's truck!"

I love it when kids "stop and smell the roses" - such a good reminder to all of us how we need to slow down in life and not take things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment