Friday, June 10, 2011

Farmer Frye

You may be wondering who Farmer Frye is.  Well, she is the girl that sits next to me, Janet Frye.  The people at her husband's work gave her this name and I love it!  Not only does she grow a variety of veggies, but she shares!!!  She has also inspired me to want to start a garden.  I am not sure if this will really happen, but it sure sounds good.

Anyway, last week she brought be a big ol' bag of zucchini, squash, banana peppers, green peppers and cucumbers.  Paige and I enjoyed having nice fresh veggies at dinner (Brad is not too big into these).  I had a little bit of zucchini left and decided to make some yummy zucchini bread.  This was my first zucchini bread experience and I think it turned out pretty well.  You would be amazed at all the different recipes there are out there for zucchini bread.  I went with a pretty simple one this time and if Janet brings me more zucchini I am going to start trying these different recipes out!  I loved that the only thing I had to buy was sour cream (and that was by choice because of the recipe I chose) because of my stock piling from couponing.

Packed up and ready to be taken to work.


Then, on my birthday, Janet surprised me with my favorite - okra!!!  I absolutely LOVE fried okra - Brad too!!!  Needless to say, we were both excited and devoured every bit.


Summer can officially begin now that we have had fried okra!

No comments:

Post a Comment