Thursday, June 23, 2011

Funnies of the Week

I wanted to share 2 fun memories from last week.

Smores


Last week was "Camping" week at school.  As a special treat the kids got to enjoy smores!  Ms. Ashley told me that while the other kids were a little reluctant to try this treat, Paige dug on in without any hesitation.  After the other kids saw how much Paige was enjoying it, they too started to dig in and enjoy.


Errands


Brad had a conference Sunday afternoon in Point Clear.  That was one of the reasons we chose to relax around the pool for most of the weekend because we knew we wouldn't have Sunday afternoon.  I decided to put off the normal errands until meeting time.  Whew wee. Paige and I were both exhausted by the time it was all said and done.  Getting ready seemed like we were going to the beach again, but this time we were just going up the road trying to get things checked off. 

One of our stops was Target.  I found these cups that I thought might be fun for Paige to try.  I was right!  I normally let her hold on to something while we shop - just makes the trip so much smoother.  This time she got to hold on the cups.  By the time we got up to the check out register she had taken one of the cups out of the package and was trying to drink from it.  Instead of making a scene by taking it away from her, I did the unthinkable and let her hold on to it while she "drank" from it.  She didn't want to let go, thus leading to the pic above.  And yes, I took this while I was driving.  I tried at the stop light but the pic came out blurry so right after the light turned green I very carefully took this picture.  Don't worry, there weren't any other cars around and I was going like 2 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment