Thursday, June 2, 2011

Race Day

Another one of the reasons we came to Huntsville for Memorial Day weekend was to run the Cotton Row race.  We are going on vacation this summer and needed some motivation to get in shape.  A few years ago I ran the 10k and I thought that I lost some weight and toned up as a result.  So, I thought why not do it again...I did it 3 years ago, how hard can it be, right?  Wrong!! 

Who knew that it could be so hard?!?  I trained 3 days week for 12 weeks by jogging and walking on the treadmill.  I was already going to the gym on a regular basis during lunch so this became part of my night routine.  I stuck to it even though I was out of town 2 of the weeks.  My main goal was to finish - just cross the finish line.  I knew my time wouldn't be as good as last time, I knew I could last and make it through.  With all of that being said, I finished in 1:12:14 - not great, but I finished!! 

Seconds from the end!


My cheerleaders!  Brad also ran the 5k.  Way to go Brad!!

Nana was there to cheer us on too and Papa Joe ran both the 10k and the 5k - wow!!

Brad and I both really enjoyed preparing for the races and hope to keep it up!
A family that runs together, stays together!

No comments:

Post a Comment