Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ranch Dip

To get this football season kicked off I thought it would be fun to share the recipe to Brad's favorite football dip, Ranch dip.  I don't really know that is the real title but that is what we call it when people ask what it is (to us just plain old "dip", "are you going to make some dip this weekend?", dip = ranch dip, is there any other kind?).

So, here's what you need:

*A packet of ranch dressing
*A thing of bacon bits (the jar with the black top)
*2 cups of shredded cheese (you can use mild or sharp cheddar, I like the fancy style so I normally get which ever one looks better to me at the store)
*16 oz sour cream (I use fat free and don't have any problems)
*A bag of scoop fritos (needed to eat the dip with)


Sorry the measurements are exact (a thing of this, a thing of that) but the picture should explain what a "thing" is.

Mix it all ranch, bacon bits, cheese, and sour cream all together.  I normally mix the ranch and bacon bits first, then add the sour cream, then cheese, but you could do it any way you wish.



Viola~


You have ranch dip ready to go to your tailgate! 

I like to make it a day ahead of time or early in the morning before the games begin because it tastes better after all the flavors have time to mesh together.  But, if you can't make it then, don't worry.  It will still taste great!  I have made it in the car on the way to a game.

3 comments:

  1. On the game day menu at our house!! (Almost always)
    Oh, and at our house it's typically called LeeAnn's dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to visit friends this weekend to watch a different team from our state-I know what I will be taking-thanks for the recipe. Love, Aunt Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops-had to come back to get the recipe! Glad you have a picture posted-maybe I can remember that. Uh-no, better write it down this time. Thanks again! Love Aunt S

    ReplyDelete